Skip to content
- Bingo – Helps earn money for needs of campuses at St. John and Blessed Sacrament. Bingo held at St. John Hall (450 Building) Sunday and Wednesday. At Blessed Sacrament Bingo held on Wednesday and Friday morning. Contact: Jennifer Huff (810) 653-2377 for St. John or Marge Travis (810) 250-2013; Bill Nicolai (810) 653-3689 for Blessed Sacrament
- Bulletin Inserter – Volunteers meet at St. John Parish Office on Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. Inserting the notices generally takes approximately 1 ½ hours. Coffee and good conversation are provided. Contact:Veronica Ur (810) 653-2377 ext. 221 email@example.com
- Eagles’ Nest – Located in the Family Center in room 103, the Eagles’ Nest offers child care, providing you the opportunity to work out in the Wellness Center, walk the track, volunteer during P.R.E.P., visit the Library or attend a meeting on Campus. When you sign your child in, you will be issued a pager. Should your child require your immediate attention, you will be notified via the pager. Donations are asked to offest the cost of the service.
Hours of operation:
Sundays 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Closed during the summer.Contact: Becky Ciesielski (810) 653-2377
- Fifty (50) & Over Club – Offers social functions including entertainment and extended trips for seniors; prepares and delivers holiday “Love Baskets” of fruit, candy and cookies for home bound seniors; meets on the third Tuesday for Liturgy at 5:00 p.m., followed by a potluck dinner. Contact: Beth Brancheau (810) 308-8490 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Club – This organization was created for all men of the parish. Its purpose is to create a closer bond of friendship between all men of the parish. This organization strives to enhance the spiritual, physical, cultural and social life of the men of our parish as well as the service needs requested by our Pastor and parish. Some of its activities to include fund raisers, sports organization and supervision for the youth of our parish, sports activities, guest speakers, Father’s Day recognition and a parish picnic. Contact: Karl Dekoski (810) 744-4538 for St. John and Bill Lawson (810) 742-2636 for Blessed Sacrament
- MOMS Club – The club enables moms to meet and children to interact with other children in a Christian atmosphere on a regular basis. Meets the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 10:00 a.m. in the Family Center. Contact: Alana Ferguson (810) 625-7937
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) – Part of an international organization of mothers with children ages birth to adult. Meets on Thursday mornings twice a month from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. in room 201 of the Family Center to share in fellowship, crafts, and breakfast while our children play with loving caregivers in the MOPPETS classrooms. The MOPPETTS program follows a Christian curriculum that is hands on and includes song, dance, music, crafts, and stories. MOPS is actively involved in the community and welcome to all moms. The ministry is always looking for caregivers so that the program can continue to grow. International organization website: www.mops.org. Contact: (810) 333-0312 email@example.com
- SCRIP – This program is a fundraiser for the All Parish Family Center. Volunteers are asked to give thirty minutes after Mass once a month to help. For each certificate sold to parishioners for groceries, gasoline, and restaurants the parish receives a percentage. There is an occasional meeting for about 1 ½ hours. Special skills are none to computer skills.Contact: Veronica Ur (810) 653-2377 firstname.lastname@example.org
SCRIP Order Form
- Sports Council – The Sports Council looks to find ways to provide and monitor athletic opportunities in a Christian setting through the use of our facilities and other sites. Examples are Basketball for 40 and Over, and Basketball Camp for boys and girls grades K-3 and youth basketball league for boys and girls K-3. Contact: Gary Peppin (810) 653-1901 email@example.com; Ted Miles (810) 653-3794 firstname.lastname@example.org; Joe Jared (810) 653-8367 Christopher.Jared@lairdtech.com