- The Order of the Daughters of Isabella is a charitable organization of Catholic women founded on the principle of its motto: Unity, Friendship and Charity.
- Unity: In harmony with purpose to help those in need.
- Friendship: Support, help each other. Women of true sisterhood.
- Charity: Our group donates to 10 different charities.
- As Catholic women and disciples of Jesus Christ, we are called to minister with love, respect and justice to all humanity regardless of age, race, nationality or background.
- We recognize that our mission and faith in God calls us to experience love, compassion and mercy by helping those in need.
- We demonstrate our commitment to God’s people by actively living our faith and by being a positive influence in our communities and the world.
What We Offer
The first circle of the Order was founded in New Haven, Connecticut, in 1897, as an auxiliary to the Rev. John Russell Council of the Knights of Columbus for the purpose of uniting all Catholic women in a sisterhood to achieve the following aims:
- To know one another better
- To extend our circle of friends
- To centralize all our resources to better help one another
- To be a greater force to contend with in the pursuit of good in our society
Today, it is one of the largest Catholic women’s organizations, with a membership of over 60,000 women from the United States and Canada and has continued to prosper and establish bonds among Catholic women throughout the world. Members encourage each other’s total development and foster growth of every aspect of life – spiritual, social and charitable – adding up to a more fulfilling life!
10 Meetings per year (excluding August and December), 2nd Thursday of each month: 6:30 pm Rosary and 7:00 pm Meeting.
Click here to print off a Membership Application.
For more information, contact Marilyn Hancock 810-691-9675 or Christine Kautz 810-653-6507.
Work kitchen at K of C Hall (8428 Davison Road, Davison, MI 48423), Sell pies at Fish Fry’s, Chicken Dinner, Ladies Tea Party, Euchre Luncheons, Wrap Christmas Gifts
Eastside Mission, Guest House, Motherly Intercession, North End Soup Kitchen, Relay for Life, Ronald McDonald House, St. Frances Prayer Circle, Special Olympics, St Luke New Life, Student Scholarships, Whaley Foundation.
Retreats, Advent Dinner, Living Rosary, Mystery Plays/Dinner, Seminarian Dinner, Bus Trips, Christmas Gala, Movies, Plays just to name a few.