What is Marriage?
Want to learn more?
Catechism of the Catholic Church: 1601-1666
Scripture References: Gen 1:27-28; 2:18- 25; Mt 19:3-12; Jn 2:1-11; Eph 5:25- 32;
FORMED.ORG Resources (Parish Code: 77XNVP)
- Beloved: The Mystery and Meaning of Marriage, Episodes 1-6
- Beloved: Living Marriage, Episodes 1-6
- For Love and Marriage—Johnnette Benkovik (audio) Symbolon Part II, Episode 5: Matrimony and Holy Orders: The Sacraments of Service and Communion
- Symbolon Part II, Episode 7: A Love That Lasts: The Call to Self-Giving Love
- Symbolon Part II, Episode 8: God’s Plan for Sexuality
- YDisciple, Living the Creed, Session 5: Matrimony and Holy Orders: The Sacraments of Service and Communion
- YDisciple, Living the Creed, Session 7: A Love That Lasts: The Call to Self-Giving Love
- YDisciple, Living the Creed Session 8: God’s Plan for Sexuality
- YDisciple, Called, Session 5: Holy Matrimony YDisciple, Human Sexu
I’m Engaged, What’s Next?
Engaged couples are asked to contact the celebrant (Fr. Andrew, Fr. John, Deacon Dan) through the parish office at 810-653-2377, at least 9 months prior to the wedding date. Each couple is required to attend a communication class, We Care (for which there is a $75.00 class fee), an Introduction to Natural Family Planning class and Perspective in Faith seminar. In addition, they need to complete and review the FOCCUS survey. Click this link for the Marriage Prep Class Schedules.
We need to know a few things about you. Click here for the Data Form. Type your information into the form. Be sure to click on the Submit by Email button on the bottom of the second page to submit the form to the Parish Office.
- At least three months in advance of the wedding, the couple is asked to arrange a meeting with Julie Richards, musician and liturgist. She may be contacted at 810-658-1135. At this time all necessary information for planning the ceremony will be recorded.
- At least one month prior to the wedding, the couple must have completed the pre-nuptial investigation and submitted request for dispensation, as needed. Contact Deacon Dan Fairweather at 810-877-1640 for details.
- Contact Jenna Stephens, Parish Wedding Coordinator, 810-610-3644, or email: email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the wedding. Unity Candle holder, Candelabras, quilted kneeler covers and bow clips may be rented from the Altar Society
- For more information read A Guide from Engagement to Wedding Day and Photography & Videotaping Guidelines
- Still have questions? Call Carrie at 810-653-2377