Coordinator of Religious Education Pre K-6 for the Community of St. John the Evangelist and Blessed Sacrament. Position description and application are available from the Parish Office or below. Applicants are asked to complete application form and submit current resume and minimum of three professional references to C/O Search Committee, 404 N. Dayton Street, Davison, MI 48423. Deadline for applications – Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Position Title: Coordinator of Religious Education Pre K-6
Basic Objectives: To assist the Pastor in his director of the parish.
Full-Time: August 15 to June 15
Major Duties and Responsibilities Pre K-6 Coordinator:
- Supervise the office and program management for Pre K-6.
- Plan the religious education curriculum for Pre K-6.
- Direct and implement the recruitment, training, orientation, in-service and assignments of catechists.
- Provide substitutes for catechists as needed.
- Direct and implement sacramental programs for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist for students as well as parents. This includes special Sacramental preparation for those who are above the 2nd grade level and for those who have special needs.
- Submit an annual budget in conjunction with other coordinators.
- Attend monthly Department meetings and other staff meetings.
- Evaluate and submit curriculum recommendations to Pastor.
- Meet with parents and catechists on a regular basis and as needs arise.
- Attend local, regional and diocesan ministry related meetings, seminars and workshops.
- Plan liturgies at each grade level and one each for Christmas and Easter
- Plan Senior Thanksgiving Dinner and Mary Celebration with Youth Minister Grades 7-12.
- Plan retreat for First Eucharist children and their parents.
- Keep catechists informed through a weekly newsletter/email.
- Keep parents informed through emails as needed.
Coordinator of Religious Education Pre K-6
- Bulletin announcements weekly or as needed.
- Organize and use volunteers for events and special projects.
- Plan and coordinate receptions for special events.
- Provide an atmosphere of openness, hospitality, Christianity and service to all encountered as a member of The Catholic Community of St. John and Blessed Sacrament Parish Staff
- Plan P.R.E.P. calendar each year.
- Order textbooks and materials each year.
- Cooperate with other staff members and parishioners when they are in need and when it directly impacts on Pre K-6 program
- Provide formation opportunities for catechists and encourage attendance.
- Respond as needs arise to promote unity of staff and parishioners.
- Attend parish functions whenever possible.
- Participates in Parish Stewardship efforts to engage persons in sharing their time and talents.
- Advanced Catechist Certification
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd trained, preferred
- Meetings with Pastor (as warranted)
- Special meeting called when implementation of area of ministry warranted
Follow directives of Pastor for any other activities not specifically detailed here.